| || |
|BECOMING A CHANOP|
- First, If you have been a CHAIN member for one (1) year (you must have been a member for one year, not simply chatting online for one year) read all the channel guidelines, operator pages and the public Dispute Page. Make sure you understand and agree to all rules and guidelines. If you do not already have one you will need a CService login to identify yourself to X. X does not recognize you by your nick. You can register with CService at: http://www.cservice.undernet.org/live
- Second, Let 'Lilandria' know you would like to be a Channel Operator. You must tell her you have read the required reading and "understand and agree to all rules and guidelines." She will then set a time to talk to you.
- Thirdly, Lilandria will give you operator level access to X.
- Fourth, You can msg X .... /msg X op and X should op you. Be patient, X can be lagged just like anyone else.
- Fifth, You will be added to Godrocks. Your password will be emailed to you. GodRocks will be used to op you if X does not recognize you. If you need to be opped by GodRocks the command is:
/msg Godrocks op -password-
- Finally, Remember, it is best to have less than four (4) people actually opped at the same time on channel. Also, if you plan to be away for an extended time please try to remember to deop yourself. Exceptions would be when IRC is unstable and X is leaving the channel a lot. If you are not opped and there are problems, you may be asked by other ops to help message people or manage the channel.