| || |
| DISPUTES AND BECOMING UNBANNED |
| 1) DO NOT DISCUSS A DISPUTE YOU HAVE WITH ONE PERSON WITH SOMEONE ELSE FROM CHAIN!|
2) DO NOT DISCUSS OR ASK AN OP WHY THEY DID SOMETHING, UNLESS THEY DID IT TO YOU!
3) IF SOMETHING HAS BEEN DONE TO YOU THAT YOU DISLIKE:
- GO TO THE PERSON WHO DID IT AND LET THEM KNOW YOU WERE HURT OR OFFENDED.
- IF THIS DOES NOT LEAD TO A RESOLUTION OF YOUR PROBLEM, THEN AND ONLY THEN, USE FORM TO ASK FOR HELP. MAKE SURE YOU INCLUDE THE UNEDITED LOG IF YOU HAVE IT.
4) USE THIS BUTTON TO FILE REQUEST FOR HELP WITH DISPUTE.
| DISAGREEMENTS & DISPUTES |
Disagreements will happen as each of us talk about our beliefs. This is because our experiences, education and our relationship with God is unique, personal and individual. What we believe today is different than what we believed a year ago. Why? Because our experiences, our studies, our relationship with God and the prompting of the Holy Spirit have caused us to grow. The main question we face daily is NOT, "Am I wrong?" but rather, "Am I willing to learn and obey God as He teaches me new things?" This is one of the reasons that CHAIN does not discuss religion. Religion = rules, regulations, religious theology and dogma of sects and cults.
It is CHAIN's understanding that each person is responsible to God and not to others when it comes to beliefs. Therefore, we ask that people who want to disagree or discuss a potentially controversial topic take it private (one on one) or to #chainlink (group of people). Sometimes we do not realize that others will believe differently or react to something we say. Please take it private immediately and invite those interested to #chainlink or private message.
Please do not complain, gossip or malign others on the channel who disagree with you. It is the policy of CHAIN that all those participating on the channel are willing to agree to disagree. If someone is sinning, spouts heresy or shares something which you find repulsive or disgusting... then PRAY FOR THEM! God does and will change the hearts of those who search after HIm. Many people today call themselves Christians and are just playing the game of religion. Others sincerely desire to love and follow God and have made the choice to do so but still struggle with depression, susbtance abuse, sexual immorality, bad tempers, idolatry, etc. Only God can make a difference in their lives. Yes, God may use the words you share with them and work on their hearts because of your prayer. Just make sure you do not become guilty of the bullying of a religious, self- righteous "Pharisee". These are those whom consider themselves great spiritual leaders with all the answers and who tell others what they should believe and how they should live. We have enough of those in the world today and as Jesus said, "You hypocrites! You fools! You make your followers twice as fit for hell as you." Harsh words? Yes! But many are the wolves in sheep's clothing out there.
Remember: Do NOT discuss your disagreements with one person with others. Take disagreements private. Pray for those with whom you disagree. Be willing to have God teach you something different than what you already believe and always pray, meditate and spend time with God to discern if what you are being told is from Him and do not follow someone just because of a title they hold."
HOW TO BECOME UNBANNED
If you are banned from the #chain channel, you need to follow these steps.
DO NOT ASK OPERATORS OR OTHER PEOPLE ON THE CHANNEL WHY YOU WERE BANNED!
- 1) Write a letter stating that you have read and agree to all of the CHANNEL GUIDELINES Make sure you include a copy of the channel log if you have kept it.
- 2) Send this email to firstname.lastname@example.org where it will be forwarded to two channel operators. The operator who banned you will not be one of the ones reviewing your letter.
- 3) You will be notified of the decision of CHAIN within 5 business days from the receipt of your letter. Decisions are final and nonnegotiable.
- 4) Repeat offenders will be permanently banned from #chain. (NOTE: Permanently banned individuals must perform the first three steps and also complete the CHAIN application in full, list all ISP's and internet connections they have access to and under additional comments write "This is a request to have a permanent ban removed."
RETURN TO TOP